- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
- Arsenal v Everton Odds : 7/1 on Arsenal home win attracting flurry of activity at Emirates
- Man Utd v Everton Odds : 8/1 on home win attracting flurry of bets reports firm
- Swansea v Valencia : Latest Odds suggest punters looking for over 2.5 goals value
Arsene Wenger eager to bring Leighton Baines to Arsenal in £10m deal from Everton
- Updated: January 14, 2012
Arsene Wenger is planning on breaking the bank with a £10m bid for Everton full-back Leighton Baines. The experienced Frenchman apparently rates the Everton left-back as the best attack minded defender is the Premier League.
The Gunners are in dire straits in the full-back department with Andros Santos and Kieran Gibbs both likely to be out with injuries for another month or so. Thomas Vermalean has been filling in on the left but Wenger feels that the big Belgian is the club’s best centre-half and needs to be playing in his preferred position.
This has made up Wenger’s mind that he needs to fix the problem before the window is out and reportedly has decided to move for Everton’s joint-top scorer with three-goals this season
The England international would probably have more than his six caps for his country if he hadn’t been born in the same era as Ashley Cole as his form for Everton over the past four seasons has been exceptional. He is the first name of the team sheet for manager David Moyes and his attacking runs from the left are a key factory in a lot of their play and Moyes doesn’t want to lose that important aspect of their game.
The left-back, who is also a set-piece specialist, has been consistently linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium over the last year but now may be the time Wenger makes a serious play for his man. Everton value Baines at more than just the supposedly paltry figure of £10million but any bid around that mark will be too good for cash strapped Merseyside-club to turn down.