- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
- Arsenal v Everton Odds : 7/1 on Arsenal home win attracting flurry of activity at Emirates
- Man Utd v Everton Odds : 8/1 on home win attracting flurry of bets reports firm
- Swansea v Valencia : Latest Odds suggest punters looking for over 2.5 goals value
Tottenham to use Dos Santo as Hazard bait
- Updated: May 1, 2012
After losing out on the England managers position to Roy Hodgson the Tottenham boss has turned his attentions back to matters in North London with the campaign drawing to a close.
His new focus is now on securing the services of Belgian international Hazard who has confirmed he will leave the Stade Lille Metropole at the end of the season in search of a new challenge elsewhere in Europe.
But with chairman Daniel Levy once tightening his financial belt Redknapp won’t have a luxury bank balance to spend for the second consecutive year putting his pursuit of the 21-year-old, who is rated at the £30 million mark, in jeopardy.
The 65-year-old has revealed that he is mulling over the prospect of using former Barcelona winger Dos Santos as a makeweight in a cash-plus-player deal to entice Lille.
Redknapp revealed they he almost sold the Mexican international last year before the player decided to remain in England.
“We nearly sold Gio at the start of the season for £13m to Udinese.” he said. “The chairman of Udinese came over and had a chat but he wouldn’t go.”
Both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid all vying for Hazard’s signature Redknapp knows he needs to provide a tempting offer to fend off interest from other clubs.
With Spurs sitting in the fourth and final Champions League spot Redknapp is hoping he can persuade the talented playmaker that he can fulfil his ambitions at Spurs.
Comeptition for Hazard’s signature will be fierce in the summer with many clubs regarding him as the finest young prospect currently playing on the continent.