- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
- Manchester City v Sunderland odds, as Black Cats now look desperate in relegation battle as Poyet faces Man City
- FA Cup Semi-Final odds : Arsenal v Wigan as Gunners look for elusive trophy chance
- West Brom v Tottenham odds, match preview, as Spurs look to nail the Baggies to the relegation zone
- Sunderland v Everton Odds, Team News as betting suggests Lukaku to fire Toffees win
Liverpool planning Fulham raid for Dempsey and Dembele
- Updated: May 9, 2012
Reds chief Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bolster his striking options in the summer and has already been linked with a move for American international Dempsey.
But it’s been revealed that he will also move for his Cottagers teammate Dembele who has enjoyed a fine campaign at Craven Cottage despite being deployed in central midfield by Martin Jol.
The 24-year-old former AZ Alkmaar man has become a key player for the West London club although it’s rumoured they are willing to sell if the price is significantly higher than the £5 million they paid for him two-years ago.
Interest in the Belgium international will come as a surprise to the Kop faithful who will feel the middle of the park is already overloaded. Steven Gerrard, Jay Spearing, Jordan Henderson and Jonjo Shelvey along with injured duo Lucas and Charlie Adam are all capable of operating there.
Dalglish has been given substantial funds to spend in the summer by owner John W. Henry with the instruction to take Liverpool back into the Premier League top four after a torrid first year back on Merseyside.
The 61-year-old is also aware of the need to reinforce his attack and has his eyes set on Dempsey who has scored 22 goals this season playing just off a central striker.
With Luis Suarez the Scot’s preferred option up front he wants the 29-year-old to play behind the Uruguayan and co-owner Tom Werner has acknowledged he wants to see the player sign for the club.
He said: “We never talk publicly about our transfer targets, however, any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad.”
He’ll have to fend off interest from Arsenal who are also keen on the former New England Revolution man.