- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Man City pip United to signing of Lille star Hazard
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Just 48 hours after dramatically snatching the Premier League title out of Sir Alex Ferguson’s grasp City boss Roberto Mancini is reportedly on the verge of concluding a deal to sign Hazard from under the nose of his Red Devil’s counterpart.
The much sought after Belgian midfielder revealed last month he would leave the Ligue 1 side at the end of the season telling French television: ”I want to play in England [next season]. That’s what I’ve decided.”
He also disclosed the shirt colour he’d be wearing following his switch declaring:”It’s the blue that I’ll be wearing next season. Definitely the blue” putting City and Chelsea in the frame for his signature.
But today he dispelled rumours of a move to West London stating that he will be pitching up 190 miles further North stating: “It will be Manchester. The decision is going to be taken. You will soon all know.”
Now it’s been revealed that the 21-year-old will be making his way to the Etihad Stadium this summer and aid City in solidifying their dominance of the English game after sealing their first top-flight championship in 44-years.
Hazard, who has drawn admiring glances from Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid and both Milan clubs, has enjoyed a fruitful campaign at the Stade Lille Metropole scoring 17 times in 37 outings.
He is wanted by Mancini to form a captivating attacking threesome with 30-goal leading scorer Sergio Aguero and Spanish international David Silva as the 47-year-old aims to build a side capable of keeping Ferguson and United at bay for many years to come.
It’s reported that the playmaker will cost in the region of £30 million although that is a mere drop in the ocean for City who have spent over lavishly on player recruitment since the Abu Dhabi group took over four-years ago.