- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
- Manchester City v Sunderland odds, as Black Cats now look desperate in relegation battle as Poyet faces Man City
- FA Cup Semi-Final odds : Arsenal v Wigan as Gunners look for elusive trophy chance
- West Brom v Tottenham odds, match preview, as Spurs look to nail the Baggies to the relegation zone
- Sunderland v Everton Odds, Team News as betting suggests Lukaku to fire Toffees win
Porto striker Hulk open to Chelsea move
- Updated: May 23, 2012
Drogba announced on Tuesday that he would be leaving Stamford Bridge when his contract ends in June and is expected to link up with former teammate Nicholas Anelka at Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua.
Owner Roman Abramovich is overseeing all of the European Champions’ transfer activity until a permanent manager is appointed and is eager to sign Hulk who he see’s as the Ivory Coast striker’s natural successor.
The Brazilian possesses similar attributes to the 34-year-old with his muscular physical stature, strength, speed and powerful shot and would be a like-for-like replacement.
He scored 21 goals in 38 games for Porto last season and was linked with a move to Chelsea last summer although Abramovich was put off by the £80 million price tag on his shoulders.
The 25-year-old’s agent Teodoro Fonseca was present at the Champions League final in Munich on Saturday and acknowledged he is aware of the Blues’ interest.
“We are open to talks with Chelsea at any time, any place.” He said.
“There is interest, but at the moment there is still nothing concrete.
“He likes the English Premier League a lot and Chelsea are a good club for Hulk.”
Hulk, who’s real name is Givanildo Vieira de Souza, can play as a central striker or out wide and would add some real European striking pedigree to the dressing room.
He could be joined at the club by fellow countryman Radamel Falcao who is also thought to be one of Abramovich’s prime summer targets.
It’s thought the Russian oligarch wants the 26-year-old Atletico Madrid hit man, who has shone during his debut campaign in La Liga scoring 36 times in 50 games, to form a devastating attacking partnership with Hulk at Stamford Bridge.