- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
- Everton v West Ham Odds, latest team news and live stream schedule as Hammers look continue winning form over Toffees
Chelsea turn attention to Marseilles right-back Azpilicueta
- Updated: May 25, 2012
The 29-year-old Portugal international was part of the Blues’ Champions League winning team playing in the final against Bayern Munich last Saturday but is set to be released once his contract expires.
Owner Roman Abramovich is now on the hunt for a new right back to replace Boswinga as he plans a major squad overhaul at Stamford Bridge.
Azpilicueta has been earmarked to fill the void by the Russian oligarch after enjoying a superb campaign at Marseille despite the club finishing 10th in Ligue 1.
He’s impressed during his second season in France following an £8 million move from hometown club Osasuna in 2010 where he spent four years progressing from the youth setup into the first team.
The Spain under-23 international was a rumoured target for Andre Villas-Boas during the January transfer window who was thought to be plotting a bid prior to his sacking in March.
Brief talks with L’OM over a £12 million move were held with the player indicating he would be willing to make the switch to West London only for Villas-Boas to be ousted from the dugout.
However he may still end up at Chelsea in the summer with Abramovich reportedly a big fan of the 22-year-old who has yet to win a full cap for his country remaining behind Sergio Ramos and Alvaro Arbeloa in the pecking order.
The billionaire is to spare no expense in rebuilding the European Champions as he prepares to lose Boswinga, Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou for free in June.
With a permanent manager yet to be installed he is taking care of the transfer business on Kings Road for the time being and has been linked with Eden Hazard and Edinson Cavani in the last week.