- Man Utd v Everton Odds : 8/1 on home win attracting flurry of bets reports firm
- Swansea v Valencia : Latest Odds suggest punters looking for over 2.5 goals value
- Real Madrid face Galatasaray with Ancelotti expecting Champions League progress at Bernabeu
- Manchester City v Plzen Odds : Fans expecting goals in Champions League clash at Etihad
- Odds for the overs appeal in Arsenal v Marseille Champions League clash
Vertonghen still keen on Spurs switch
- Updated: June 20, 2012
Talks between the two sides over transfer started some weeks ago but nothing has yet to be finalised as they reportedly struggle to meet in the middle of their respective valuations of the 25-year-old.
Vertonghen stated a fortnight that he is keen on a move to the Premeir League and when asked whether he would be joining Spurs he said: ”Yes. I know where I want to go and I think it is clear to everybody.
“I am a big fan of the Premier League. It is almost the only competition I watch on TV and for me it is the best competition in the world.”
The departure of Redknapp, who wanted to sign the Belgian international in January, after three and a half years at White Hart Lane put the deal in jeopardy.
But Vertonghen’s agent Mustapha Nakhli insisted that it doesn’t change anything and a deal is close being reached stating their good relationship with chairman Daniel Levy was a big factor.
“Nothing has changed at all. He is coming to Tottenham for the club and not for the manager.
“Managers come and go. Of course Jan is sorry that Harry Redknapp is no longer there but he is going for the club.
“We have a good relationship with Daniel Levy. He wants the deal to happen and there is a good atmosphere (between us).
“I don’t know when it will happen but the deal is close, very close.”
Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle were all linked with Vertonghen but were all beaten off by Tottenham for Vertognhen’s signature.
It’s thought Ajax are looking for a fee in the region of £12 million but Levy is unwilling stump up the cash and will continue his efforts to negotiate a lower price.