Modric ready to quit Tottenham
- Updated: June 23, 2012
The Croatia international’s representatives are hoping to meet with Spurs officials next week to declare their clients intentions to leave White Hart Lane.
Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain are all interested in Modric and chairman Daniel Levy faces up to another pre-season battle to keep him in North London.
He managed to ward off the advances of Chelsea last year turning down a £35 million bid despite the midfielder publicly admitting admitting he wanted to join the Blues.
However Levy isn’t in a position to turn down another lucrative proposal after missing out on Champions League qualification to the Blues who won the competition beating Bayern Munich in May.
The 26-year-old is now ready to up the ante in an effort to force through a move away from Spurs by telling the club he wants leave four years after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in a £16 million deal.
It’s been reported that Modric has agreed to join La Liga champions Real Madrid although nothing as been officially confirmed with United and PSG still in the hunt.
Red Devil’s boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-term admirer although his interest has cooled since completing deals to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa and Crewe’s teenage star Nick Powell.
Spurs could also face the prospect of losing Welsh winger Gareth Bale after his agent said last week the lack of Champions League football is a ‘problem’ for the 22-year-old.
“Yes, it is clear that this [no Champions League football] is a problem,” said Jonathan Barnett.
“The big European clubs already know how much it would take to do a deal and therefore if you are interested you know what kind of offer has to be put on the table.”