- Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest Odds : Pressure on Mourinho as away side too big to ignore in Champions League
- Napoli v Arsenal Odds : Back the Gunners to take the spoils in Champions League clash in Naples
- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
- Arsenal v Everton Odds : 7/1 on Arsenal home win attracting flurry of activity at Emirates
Lukasz Piszczek tops Chelsea right back shortlist
- Updated: June 27, 2012
Di Matteo has made strengthening the full back position his number one priority in the summer having seen Jose Boswinga depart the Blues on a free transfer earlier this month and Paolo Ferreira put up for sale.
Having already seen Euro 2012 star Theodor Gebre Selassie join Werder Bremen the Italian is now lining up up other targets stating he wants a deal in place by next week.
Ajax’s Gregory van der Wiel, Lille’s Mathieu Debuchy have been touted but it’s though whilst Manchester United knocked back an approach for Rafael da Silva but it’s Polish international Piszczek is the man Di Matteo wants.
The 27-year-old starred at the European Championships, which was co-hosted in his homeland, and has become an integral figure for Dortmund during the last two-years winning back-to-back Bundesliga titles.
Should they fail to Piszczek him to leave the German champions Chelsea will look to challenge Newcastle for Lille defender Debuchy with rumours circulating that they’ve already submitted a €9 million offer for the Frenchman.
Van der Wiel is also under consideration although his displays for Holland have put Di Matteo off whilst Inter Milan veteran Maicon is also being looked at as a cut-price alternative.
The Blues chief has been given a budget of around £15m to spend by owner Roman Abramovich who is still trying to tie up a deal to bring Porto striker Hulk to West London for a rumoured £43m.
The Brazilian reportedly keen to join the Champions League winners but has seen his switch hit an impasse whilst the Portuguese club continue to deny they’ve received a bid for the 25-year-old striker