- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
- Arsenal v Everton Odds : 7/1 on Arsenal home win attracting flurry of activity at Emirates
- Man Utd v Everton Odds : 8/1 on home win attracting flurry of bets reports firm
- Swansea v Valencia : Latest Odds suggest punters looking for over 2.5 goals value
- Real Madrid face Galatasaray with Ancelotti expecting Champions League progress at Bernabeu
Newcastle intensify Debuchy and De Jong chase
- Updated: June 29, 2012
Magpies boss Alan Pardew is eager to bolster his threadbare squad ahead of their first European campaign in five-years and has made the duo his priority targets.
They’re now said to be preparing a second offer of £6 million for French international right back Debuchy according to the Journal after their initial £4m proposal was turned down by Lille.
It’s thought the 26-year-old is keen to make the switch to Tyneside and join up with fellow countryman, and former teammate at the Grand Stade Lille Métropole, Yohan Cabaye.
Rumours of interest from fellow Premier League sides Chelsea and Manchester United has died down in recent weeks whilst Italian giants Inter Milan were also said to have tabled a bid.
But it seems as if the North East is Debuchy’s preferred destination after Cabaye, who joined Newcastle 12-months ago, sold the club to him whilst they were on international duty for France at Euro 2012.
Sky Sports is also reporting that a Magpies delegation delegation of managing Derek Lambias and secretary Lee Charnley has arrived in Holland to speak with Twente over De Jong.
They had an £8m bid rejected last week and are preparing to up the stakes by offering £10m but it’s likely the Dutch club will hold out for more with Borussia Monchengladbach said to be monitoring the situation.
De Jong is reportedly keen to make the move to Newcastle are also also believed to have enquired about the situation of Brazilian-born defender Douglas, who has been on Pardew’s shopping list since January.
The former West Ham and Reading boss looks set to raid the Eredivisie in the close season after being linked to PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen and Ajax utility player Vurnon Anita