- St Gallen v Swansea Odds : Welsh side proving popular to pgress in Europa League at 11/10
- Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest Odds : Pressure on Mourinho as away side too big to ignore in Champions League
- Napoli v Arsenal Odds : Back the Gunners to take the spoils in Champions League clash in Naples
- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
Spurs eyeing Moutinho as Modric replacement
- Updated: July 1, 2012
Real Madrid and Chelsea are sniffing around Modric, who looks certain to leave White Hart Lane this summer, with the Spanish champions favourites to land him for £40 million.
Villas-Boas is close to being appointed as Spurs’ new manager by chairman Daniel Levy and his first order of business will be sign Moutinho to replace the Croatian playmaker.
The 34-year-old Portuguese’s appointment is expected to be confirmed on Monday and he’s already informed Levy that he wants to sign former club Porto for the midfielder.
However the ex-Chelsea manager will face competition from Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool for his signature but holds the advantage of coaching the 25-year-old to title, domestic cup and Europa League in 2010-11.
It’s been rumoured that Moutinho has a £40m buy-out clause in his contract but Villas-Boas is set to test the waters with a bid of £32m.
Meanwhile, it appears that Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen will be staying in Holland after his move to North London broke down last week despite the two clubs agreeing a price of £9.5 million.
A clause in the 25-year-old Belgian international’s contract that entitles him to a percentage of the transfer fee has scuppered the deal and Vertonghen is now resigned to remaining in Amsterdam.
“This is a shame. I thought that it would be sorted out much sooner,” he told The Sun. “As it looks now, I’ll be at Ajax on July 2. I’m hoping for a solution, but I’m not expecting a solution.
“I have one advantage: Ajax have got a good coach who knows me. I play in a good, stable squad. Let’s become champions with Ajax for the third time in a row.”