- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Juventus set to make move for Suarez
- Updated: July 3, 2012
The Italian champions are keen to add a new frontman to their squad and have held a long-standing interest in the 25-year-old and reports in Italy have indicated they’re prepared to entire the Reds into selling with a player-plus-cash deal.
Arsenal’s Robin Van Persie and Manchester City forward Edin Dzeko have also been linked with the Old Lady but it’s Suarez who manager Antonio Conte has his heart set on.
The Uruguay international has been in discussions with the Merseyside club over extending his stay but he is yet to sign a new deal heightening speculation that he could leave only for Rodgers to dismiss those suggestions.
The Northern Irishman insists he has spoken to Suarez at length stating that he is certain the former Ajax man will remain at Anfield and he is already looking forward to next season.
“I’ve had a brilliant chat with Luis,” said the Reds manager. ”He’s really looking forward to being here and we are obviously hoping that we can get him on to another new contract.
“He’s really looking forward to the new season.”
The 2011/12 campaign proved to be a difficult one for Suarez after he was found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra and forced to serve an eight-game ban as punishment.
Meanwhile, Rodgers is still working on making his first signing as Liverpool boss since taking over from Kenny Dalglish at the start of June but he insists wholesale changes won’t be made.
“I’m looking forward to bringing in three or four players that can really affect the group. I’ve got a wonderful group of players here at the moment.
“I read every day players that are linked with here and unfortunately, especially for the supporters, it’s a difficult time because you’ve got agents linking players with Liverpool just purely because it’s great for them to be linked with such an institution of a club.
“But the reality is there are very few players who can come and make a difference to Liverpool.”