- Atletico Madrid v Chelsea Odds : Spanish side popular in latest Champions League betting at Vicente Calderon
- Hull v Arsenal Odds : Back Tigers at big price to stun Gunners
- Norwich v Liverpool odds : Reds a big 7/1 as part of weekend accy offer as punters eye away win multiple
- Tottenham v Fulham odds – 7/1 Spurs can get weekend acca off to flyer at the Lane
- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
AC Milan plot shock Andy Carroll swoop
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Pier Silvio Berlusconi is president of Mediaset – the holding company that owns Milan – and has also operated as an advisor on transfer matters in the past.
He has identified Carroll as a player that the Italian giants should sign during the summer as they continue the process of rejuvenating their ageing squad.
Clarence Seedorf and Mark van Bommel have already left the San Siro at the expiration of their contracts whilst Alessandro Nesta, also a free agent, is a target for several Major League Soccer sides.
Berlusconi Jr believes the Rossoneri need a player of Carroll’s physical specification after being impressed by the 23-year-old’s performances for England at the European Championships last month.
He said: “This is a new era for Milan. We will continue to get younger while maintaining the culture. Milan still has its superstars.
“As a future target I’d like Andy Carroll.
“I must admit that, for his body build, and after seeing his header in the Euros, I would like to have Carroll at Milan.”
Carroll is the second Liverpool striker to be linked with a move to Serie A in the space of a week after Luis Suarez was said to be a target for champions Juventus.
The Turin club are reportedly desperate to bolster their attacking options before the new season starts and had identified the Uruguay international as their main target.
However new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers responded to those rumours on Tuesday stating the 25-year-old would be staying at Anfield.
“I’ve had a brilliant chat with Luis,” said Rodgers.
“He’s really looking forward to being here and we are obviously hoping that we can get him on to another new contract.
“He’s really looking forward to the new season.”