- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Arsenal considering Lewandowski and Jovetic as Van Persie replacement
- Updated: July 6, 2012
The 28-year-old announced on Wednesday that he wouldn’t be extending his contract at Emirates Stadium after he admitted he disagrees with the club’s future direction.
With just 12-months remaining on his current deal it appears as if Van Persie’s position at the club is untenable and that he will be sold during the summer.
Manchester City, Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain, Juventus and Real Madrid are all reportedly weighing up bids for the Holland forward whilst AC Milan and Barcelona are considering joining the race for his signature.
The Gunners scouting team will now hold a meeting at the club’s London Colney HQ next week to discuss who could possibly fill the void left by Van Persie who wants his exit finalised by Asia tour kicks off on July 24
Fiorentina forward Jovetic and Borussia Dortmund striker Lewandowski will both be discussed after club scouts watched them on last season despite the double signing of Lukas Podolski and Oliver Giroud last month.
Montenegro international Jovetic scored 14 goals in 27 games for the Viola in Serie A but his £25 million price tag could be a stumbling block for Arsene Wenger.
Lewandowski also enjoyed a prolific campaign at Dortmund finding the net 30 times in 46 appearances as they won the Bundesliga title for the second year running and the German Cup.
However the 23-year-old Poland international is also being tracked by Manchester United and Wenger knows he wouldn’t be able to compete with Sir Alex Ferguson in the transfer market.
The Frenchman is still hoping he can convince Van Persie to stay at Arsenal and plans to have a heart-to-heart meeting with the striker when pre-season training begins in 10 days time.