- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Theo Walcott ready to Robin Van Persie out of Arsenal
- Updated: July 6, 2012
It’s emerged that the England winger is devastated by Van Persie’s decision not to commit himself to the Gunners after admitting he won’t extend his current deal which runs out next year.
The 23-year-old is in a similar position to his teammate as he enters the final 12-months of the long-term contract he signed in 2009 but refused to comment on speculation over his future.
But once Van Persie divulged his future intentions turned Walcott’s head with friends claiming the Holland international’s decision will have made a huge impact on his thought process.
Informal talks have already taken place between the North London club and the former Southampton star with a four-year deal on the table that would see his weekly wage rise from £55,000-a-week to £80,000.
Walcott has the option of seeing through his final year and leaving on a Bosman free transfer next summer but it’s thought Chelsea will look to take advantage of his current situation.
Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo is desperate to add a right sided midfielder to his squad before the Premier League season kicks-off in August and has been heavily linked with Wigan’s Victor Moses.
However Italian is said to favour Walcott after being impressed by his displays from the substitutes bench for England at Euro 2012 and could try to persuade him to join his Stamford Bridge revolution.
Meanwhile, Brazilian midfielder Denilson will spend the upcoming campaign in his homeland once again after completing the finer details of his loan switch to Sao Paulo.
“Denilson has extended his loan spell with Sao Paulo for the 2012/13 season,” Arsenal said on their website (www.arsenal.com).
“Everyone at Arsenal wishes Denilson well for his continued spell with Sao Paulo.”