- St Gallen v Swansea Odds : Welsh side proving popular to pgress in Europa League at 11/10
- Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest Odds : Pressure on Mourinho as away side too big to ignore in Champions League
- Napoli v Arsenal Odds : Back the Gunners to take the spoils in Champions League clash in Naples
- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
Cesar Azpilicueta back on Chelsea radar
- Updated: July 8, 2012
Di Matteo is desperate to add a new full back to his squad this summer after losing Jose Boswinga on a free transfer and had initially scrubbed Spain under-21 international off his shopping list.
Inter Milan’s Maicon is said to the the Italian’s priority target but the deal to sign the 31-year-old is reportedly a long way from being finalised whilst Lille right back Mathieu Debuchy is also under consideration.
Di Matteo is allegedly losing interest in the Brazilian after learning of his £4m-per-year wage demands that caused Spanish champions Real Madrid to pull out of the race for his signature.
But it’s now emerged that the Blues boss is considering making a move for Azpilicueta with Newcastle United also thought to hold a tentative interest as they look to bolster their squad.
Debuchy is thought to be Magpies boss Alan Pardew’s priority target with the Frenchman rumoured to be keen on a move to St James’ Park to join up with fellow countryman Yohan Cabaye.
The Champions League winners are now set to revert to their original plan and have already contacted Marseille over the availability of the 22-year-old.
Meanwhile, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are leading the chase to sign Daniel Sturridge who is looking to leave West London before the new season starts.
Brendan Rodgers has made the England international one of his top targets whilst former Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to being the striker to White Hart Lane following his appointment earlier this week.
Sturridge was a favourite during Villas-Boas’ eight-months in charge but the Portuguese tactician will have to fight off new Reds boss Rodgers for his signature.