- St Gallen v Swansea Odds : Welsh side proving popular to pgress in Europa League at 11/10
- Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest Odds : Pressure on Mourinho as away side too big to ignore in Champions League
- Napoli v Arsenal Odds : Back the Gunners to take the spoils in Champions League clash in Naples
- Swansea v Hull Odds : 4/1 on away win looking too big to miss at Liberty
- Liverpool v West Ham odds : Can the Reds score another 5 goals? firm announces 7/1 they will
Rodgers close to ‘exciting’ Liverpool signing
- Updated: July 9, 2012
Since taking over from Kenny Dalglish in June the Northern Irishman has taken tentative steps in the transfer market as he endeavours to find players with the right character to wear the famous red shirt.
Having refused to pay over-the-odds for Gylfi Sigurdsson, leading to the Icelandic midfielder joining Tottenham Hotspur last week, Rodgers says he is closing in on a transfer that will be ‘exciting one for the club’.
However he dampened suggestions that he will spend money just for the sake of doing so stating he is looking to bring players in who will help to improve the current squad.
“We don’t have a wheelbarrow load of money, there is not the money flying about people think there is,” said Rodgers”There certainly won’t be as many [signings] as is being labelled out there.
“There have been a whole raft of players being linked and only a few are real targets for us.
“The reality is we have only made three or four enquiries about players and hopefully can close out one deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club, one the supporters will absolutely love.
“We want to work with the great players we have here and make three or four tweaks in relation to the squad that can help the group.
“We want to be competitive in every game and challenging at the top end.”
It was reported on Monday that Real Madrid’s Esteban Granero was the subject of a failed bid from Liverpool at the weekend with Rodgers keen to boost his midfield with Wigan Athletic winger Victor Moses is also said to be on his shopping list.