- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Barcelona targeting Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye
- Updated: July 11, 2012
The 26-year-old Frenchman was one of the signings of the season after helping the Magpies to a fifth place finish in the Premier League following a £4.8m from Lille last year.
Cabaye further enhanced his reputation whilst representing his country at Euro 2012 last month and is said to have caught the eye of new Barca boss Tito Villanova.
Reports have claimed that the Catalan giants will offer Newcastle £8m to prise him away from St James’ Park but manager Alan Pardew has laughed off such speculation.
He said: “The interest is purely speculative. We have had no contact and certainly no offer, and obviously we wouldn’t even consider an offer anywhere near that region.”
However the 23-year-old wants to play in the top-flight saying: “I am going to seriously consider any interest and will discuss it with my parents,” Anita told the Dutch media.
“The Premier League is a top competition where I would want to play.
“Ajax say they won’t let me go, and I’m tied up here until 2014. It would be no punishment to stay, but you never know.”
Newcastle had a rumoured £8m bid turned down by Ajax and will need to move quickly with North East rivals Sunderland are also said to be interested.