- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
- Manchester City v Sunderland odds, as Black Cats now look desperate in relegation battle as Poyet faces Man City
- FA Cup Semi-Final odds : Arsenal v Wigan as Gunners look for elusive trophy chance
- West Brom v Tottenham odds, match preview, as Spurs look to nail the Baggies to the relegation zone
- Sunderland v Everton Odds, Team News as betting suggests Lukaku to fire Toffees win
Di Matteo refuses to comment on Oscar speculation
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Rumours have gathered that the highly-rated 20-year-old is on the verge of a move to Stamford Bridge with reports suggesting Internacional had accepted a £25 million offer from the Blues last week.
Despite signing midfielders Eden Hazard and Marko Marin already this summer it’s thought Di Matteo is determined to add Oscar to his ranks before the new Premier League season starts in August.
But he was reluctant when asked to clarify the situation regarding the Brazilian international, who is currently in London preparing for the Olympic games.
“I can tell you that he’s not a Chelsea player so it’s difficult for me to talk about a player that doesn’t belong to us,” the Italian told the club’s official website.
“I know there has been speculation we are interested in this player and in due course if there is anything to announce we will do.
“All I would say is that he is a very young talented midfield player.”
Meanwhile, Hazard’s 19-year-old brother Thorgan is another reported transfer target for Di Matteo according to Lens sporting director Antoine Sibierski.
The teenage winger has appeared just 11 times for the French Ligue 2 side and has just a year remaining on his contract with former Manchester City and Newcastle United striker Sibierski revealing they’re in discussions with the West Londoners.
“I’ve since learned that Chelsea are interested in his possible arrival. I can understand why a player would want to leave Ligue 2 to go to Chelsea. We’re in discussions,” he told La Voix du Nord newspaper.
“Now, like in every transfer with a year left on his contract, it must be paid for. There are also compensation fees for training him.”