Liverpool yet to contact Swansea over Allen, according to Laudrup
Brendan Rodgers admitted earlier this week that he wanted to raid his former club for the 21-year-old Wales international as steps up his Anfield recruitment drive.
And Laudrup insists he will let Allen decide on his future should the Reds submit an offer revealing he hasn’t spoken to the player since taking the Liberty Stadium hotseat.
He said: “I haven’t spoken to Joe since I have taken over. I haven’t spoken to any of the three Olympics players and we have not had any contact from Liverpool.
“I am in contact with the chairman every day. We agree that if there will be an approach then we will have to talk to the player.
“We cannot just answer 100 per cent yes or no without having talked to the player.
“That’s a problem because he has to concentrate on the Olympics but we will have to deal with that if and when it comes to that.
“You can force players to stay but how does that help? It doesn’t work like that. It’s better to find a solution that suits both parties.”
Laudrup believes staying ahead of the game in the transfer window is of the upmost importance if they are to find the right replacement for Allen should he reunite with Rodgers on Merseyside.
“You always have to be one step ahead so we have to be prepared for everything,” he said.
“It’s not only in this case, but with each position in the team.
“When the transfer window closes on August 31 you can breathe a sigh of relief, but you only have three or four months when people do not talk about transfers because then you look ahead to January 1. It will be the same then.
“You have to think about the present window as well as the future, which will be the winter window. But we obviously want to be able to have the best possible team available.”