- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
Feyenoord want decision from Aston Villa over target Ron Vlaar
- Updated: July 22, 2012
The Netherlands international was in Birmingham last week to discuss a potential move to Villa Park with manager Paul Lambert admitting it would be a ’dream come true’ to join the club.
Vlaar is keen to test himself in the Premier League after eight-years plying his trade in the Eredivisie but the defender received no further contact from Villa.
De Kuip technical director Martin van Geel feels it is unfair of the Midlands club to keep the 27-year-old guessing over his future and that he should set a deadline for Lambert to decide.
“If I was Ron, I would set a deadline,” Van Geel told the Dutch media. “I understand that his agent will do that.
“Ron has to know where he stands, and so do we. This isn’t fair, especially towards Ron.
“As a club I think you are morally obliged to show clarity towards a proposed new player. Now, it’s only confusing, not just for us, but also for Ron.”
He told NUsport: “It is good when you invite a player and give him a positive feeling but it seems to me that then you need to try a direct transfer and complete it if you want the player.
“They have so much money but they do not pay for him.
“I need to gradually know where I stand. If it can’t be guaranteed that Ron continues here then in the final friendly matches I will play without him in the centre of the defence.”