- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
- Manchester City v Sunderland odds, as Black Cats now look desperate in relegation battle as Poyet faces Man City
- FA Cup Semi-Final odds : Arsenal v Wigan as Gunners look for elusive trophy chance
- West Brom v Tottenham odds, match preview, as Spurs look to nail the Baggies to the relegation zone
- Sunderland v Everton Odds, Team News as betting suggests Lukaku to fire Toffees win
QPR confirm interest in signing Craig Bellamy
- Updated: July 25, 2012
The R’s have been the most active side in the transfer market during the close season signing six players and Hughes is still hoping to add Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett to his squad.
Former Wales international Bellamy is also on his shopping list and is reportedly set to hijack Cardiff City’s bid to re-sign their former star where he spent the 2010-11 campaign on loan.
Reds chief Brendan Rodgers has expressed his desire to keep him at Anfield but it’s thought the 33-year-old isn’t prepared to play a bit-part role next season as he enters the twilight of his career.
Bhatia has now confirmed the Hoops are looking into the possibility of bringing Bellamy to Loftus Road as speculation mounts over where he will play his football next term.
He told Sky Sports News: “Mark (Hughes) likes to have a long list of players so we’ll see what happens.
“We’ve been a fan of Craig Bellamy for the last few years.
“His is definitely a name that has been mentioned but he’s not the only name that we have discussed for that position so we have a few options.
“Mark has loads of names on his list and many of the players we want are wanted by other clubs.
“Whoever Mark settles on, we will do our best to support him.”
Bellamy is currently with the Great Britain team preparing for the Olympic Games in London next month and would be willing to drop down into the Championship to join Malky Mackay’s Bluebirds.
However, rumours are gathering that QPR are willing to hand him a Premier League lifeline as they look to consolidate their status in the top-flight.