- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
- Manchester City v Sunderland odds, as Black Cats now look desperate in relegation battle as Poyet faces Man City
- FA Cup Semi-Final odds : Arsenal v Wigan as Gunners look for elusive trophy chance
- West Brom v Tottenham odds, match preview, as Spurs look to nail the Baggies to the relegation zone
- Sunderland v Everton Odds, Team News as betting suggests Lukaku to fire Toffees win
No bids received for Arsenal target Kouyate according to Anderlecht
- Updated: August 8, 2012
Arsene Wenger has spent the summer searching for an anchor man to provide backup for Alex Song but the Gunners chief has been forced to intensify his hunt after the Cameroon international was linked with a move to Barcelona.
Highly-rated French midfielder Yann M’Vila was the priority target for Wenger but he has since withdrawn from negotiations with Renne whilst his interest has cooled in Tolouse’s Etienne Capoue.
Kauyate has now emerged at the top of his shopping list after catching the eye following a superb season in Belgium with his reputation further enhanced by his displays for Senegal at the Olympics.
And one of his representatives claims that a number of clubs have enquired about the 22-year-old with Premier League champions Manchester City and Newcastle United thought to be monitoring his progress.
“I have received several calls during the Games,” Tedir Bekir told Het Nieuwsblad.
“Almost every English team, but also Russian and Turkish teams. His versatility is an asset.”
It was also reported in England that Wenger had submitted an offer with a view to bringing Kouyate to the Emirates Stadium after keeping close tabs on him for a number of months.
But, Les Mauves general manager Herman van Holsbeeck claims that no bids have been forthcoming and the talented midfielder wouldn’t be eligible to move as he doesn’t possess a European passport and isn’t a full international for his country.
“There has been no bid for him,” Van Holsbeeck told Het Laatste Nieuws.
“We know some clubs have looked at him and he has been in the spotlight.”