- Ivanovic and Luiz eye Chelsea door, Bale close to Real deal, wait for Ronaldo decisionPosted 5 days ago
- Graxler to fill Mata void at Chelsea, Clement Grenie interests GunnersPosted 6 days ago
- Tuesday gossip: Man Utd chasing Cabaye while Arsenal renew interest in BaPosted 7 days ago
- Fabregas in Manchester Talks, Sneijder looks to BridgePosted 7 days ago
- Arsenal Move for Real striker, Mourinho closes in on De Rossi, Moyes eyes Newcastle midfielderPosted 9 days ago
Everton in advanced talks to sign Michael Owen
- Updated: August 21, 2012
Owen has been looking for a new clubs since being released by Manchester United after three injury plagued years at Old Trafford and had been heavily linked with a move to Stoke City.
But it seems David Moyes wants to give the 32-year-old a chance to play for his boyhood club despite his links with fierce rivals Liverpool with whom he won five major honours with in an eight year spell.
The former England international must pass a stringent medical before Moyes will ratify the deal but it could be completed as early as today provided the two parties can agree personal terms.
It will certainly come as a relief to Owen that the Toffees have stepped in and given him the opportunity to continue his career in the Premier League after he told Sky Sports at the weekend that he wouldn’t accept a drop into the Championship.
“I’m wanting to play and eager to start again. I just wish the fans on my Twitter account were running the clubs, then I’d sign for anyone I wanted!
“I want to play in the best possible team. If it was local to my house, excellent. I want to play more often, but that’s not written in the contract.
“I don’t really want to play in the Championship, I know I can still play in the Premier League and can still score goals.
“Obviously the question mark for any potential buyers is injuries but I just need a good run of games and I just didn’t have that at Manchester United. I need to regularly train and play.
“There’s been interest from all corners of the Earth, every nation you can think of – Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey.
“My ideal is the Premier League, I want to play in the Premier League – then it’s whoever’s the best team, then things like location, the deal, different things will play a part.”