- Chelsea v Tottenham Odds, team news, match preview as Spurs look to halt Blues progress
- England v Denmark Odds, team news as 6/1 Rooney to score anytime proving popular as Danes visit Wembley
- Man City v Sunderland Odds, team news, as firm offers refunds if David Silva scores for Manchester in League Cup Final
- Southampton v Liverpool Odds, live stream and team news as Saints look to stop Suarez & Sturridge
- Bayern Munich v Schalke Live Stream to Watch from Allianz Arena as Guardiola looks to tighten grip on Bundesliga title
QPR v Stoke : Relegation fight for Mark Hughes as banks on Cisse to fire
- Updated: May 6, 2012
Queens Park Rangers take on Stoke City in their final home game of the season this weekend and it is a massive game for Mark Hughes’ men as Betfred announce free bets and make them odds on favourites to triumph over Tony Pulis’s Potters side.
It has been an incredibly eventful season for QPR of course with a big turnaround in coaching and playing staff since the start of the campaign.
One thing that has been consistent is their involvement in a relegation battle and this all comes to a head in the final two games of the season. Going into this weekend, they are out of the bottom three but only on goal difference.
This means that Sunday’s clash with Stoke City is a must win. They have to take three points from this one into the tough away game with league leaders Manchester City on the final day. Otherwise, it could be curtains for them.
With this in mind, they can definitely be encouraged by their recent form on home soil. They have won their last four games at Loftus Road, but this has always been followed by a defeat on the road.
In fact, they have rotated between defeat and victory in each of their last nine Premier League games, a sequence they hope continues on a tense Sunday afternoon.
As for Stoke City, they will be more than happy to dent QPR’s survival hopes. In fact, in a season that they have been mid-table for the majority, they will use spoiling the home side’s day as one of their main motivations.
The Potters go into this weekend on the back of two solid draws to see them sit 13th in the Premier League table. They now need one more push in the last two games of a long season, with a top ten finish still an outside possibility.
Overall, this match is all about QPR and how they perform. They are the team that need to come out fighting, Stoke are simply there to try and spoil their day.
It should be a thoroughly entertaining contest. After all, it’s never dull when QPR are in action.