- Atletico Madrid v Chelsea Odds : Spanish side popular in latest Champions League betting at Vicente Calderon
- Hull v Arsenal Odds : Back Tigers at big price to stun Gunners
- Norwich v Liverpool odds : Reds a big 7/1 as part of weekend accy offer as punters eye away win multiple
- Tottenham v Fulham odds – 7/1 Spurs can get weekend acca off to flyer at the Lane
- Everton v Crystal Palace Odds : Back Toffees to win to nil and regain Champions League spot
West Ham plotting Holt and Maiga bids
- Updated: June 30, 2012
Despite having six forwards already on the Upton Park books manager Sam Allardyce is desperate to bolster his attacking options at Upton Patk in the summer.
The Hammers boss wants to ensure his side have enough firepower to survive in the top-flight after securing an immediate return following their relegation at the end of the 2010/11 campaign.
Allaredyce’s top target is Norwich City striker Holt, who scored 17 goals for the East Anglian side last season, but has stated his desire to leave Carrow Road following Paul Lambert’s defection to Aston Villa.
The Canaries, now managed by Chris Hughton, have already turned down bids of £3.5 million and £5.5m for the 31-year-old but Allardyce is confident an offer of £6m will be enough to prise him away.
He is also reportedly weighing up a £5 million bid Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga, who saw a move to Newcastle United breakdown in January amid concerns over a knee injury.
The 24-year-old Mali international looked certain to sign for the Magpies until they pulled out of the deal and it’s thought West Ham are now leading the chase of his signature with Stoke City also rumoured to be interested.
Having already landed Wigan Athletic’s Mohamed Diame on a free transfer to strengthen his midfield Allardyce is also stepping up his hunt for defensive recruits according to reports.
The former Bolton and Blackburn chief is hoping to agree terms with Crystal Palace right back Nathaniel Clyne at the weekend with the 21-year-old’s contract at Selhurst Park set to expire on Saturday.
Allardyce is also set to rival Arsenal for Rennes 29-year-old defender Abdou Kader Mangane after rumours over a move to Sunderland proved to be false.